Tuesday, September 20, 2011

There Will Always Be Hope. . .Part 1



Alma says, "For behold, this life is the time for men to prepare to meet God." I have found this statement to be very true. We have this life to prepare, to make choices, wether they bring joy or sorrow we have that gift to choose. What I want to focus on is not the joy in this post.....I know weird but there can be a lot of saddness that we experience in life because of our choices. Let's face it.....we aren't perfect. I am FAR from perfect. Trust me on that one! As Paul says in his epistle to the Romans, "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God." I have never met someone who says they are perfect. I've read about a man who was perfect. He is more than a man He the one who makes up for our short comings.

No matter how far from God we feel or how harrowed up we may be by our sins we can come back. We can have salvation. There is always hope, there is always a way back. Satan wants us to think we are unloveable, so sinful and that God wouldn't want us back. That is one of his tactics to bring us down to his level...miserable. God wants us to come back to him, "house of Israel whom I have spared how oft will I gather you as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, if ye will repent and return unto me with full purpose of heart." (3 Nephi 10:6) In the previous chapter in 3 Nephi, in the Book of Mormon, the Savior asks a question, "will ye not now return unto me, and repent of your sins, and be converted, that I may heal you?"

This question is very important. It give us an idea that there is action that needs to be taken. That repenting of our sins and coming unto Him, to be healed, is an action. The harrowing of our souls, because of our sins, can be healed. Only He can do it, only he can make up our short comings but we need to act. . .


No comments:

Post a Comment