Saturday, September 10, 2011

God Gave Us Families. . .


For most of my mission I have served in Single's wards. . .I know weird. I love it though. The singles ward has a great vitality to it that is unlike any other. You maybe wondering why is I'm blogging about families. It has been on my mind a lot lately especially since I will be seeing my family in December. I think they are really getting excited for me to be back home. :) Family is also on my mind a lot because we teach people all the time that families can be together forever. That I know to be true! Just see my last post on temples.

Most people when they think Mormon they think huge crazy families. I am mormon and I think that. However, family is where it's at! Heavenly Father gave us families to help us. We are to love one another and support each other in whatever phase of life we are in. My family isn't mormon and that's okay. I love them so much and I know they love me no matter what. Sometimes it's hard for them that I am on a mission; being away from them for 18 months. But I know they love me and support me in my decisions. For that I am ever grateful.
(My amazing family-not all of us but close)

I am so grateful for my family because they have been such a great examples for what I want in my own family. I am also so grateful to have the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life to help me be even better than what I am. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints came out with The Family: A Proclamation to the World. This document is a help to me to know what I want in my future family. I am going to aim for these in my future family: " Successful marriages and families are established and maintained on principles of faith, prayer, repentance, forgiveness, respect, love, compassion, work, and wholesome recreational activities." 

On Mormon.org they have great videos to show the world how normal we are, even if we have huge families. I saw this one the other day and I wanted to share it with all of you. I hope you like it!
http://mormon.org/me/4KH2/ I pretty much want to aspire to be like them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment