Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Becoming. . .

The last few weeks have been crazy. After dropping Sister Nestman, now Brittany, off for her to fly home I picked up 2 new companions. They are taking over the area together once I leave next week.  One is fresh from the MTC and the other has only been out 5 months! They are fantastic missionaries though! As we have been together we have been seeing so many miracles and because of said miracles we have been really busy; training, teaching, exchanging, planning, then repeat. Oh and don't forget to throw in a wrench or two in our plans and you have what's been our last 3 weeks. This may seem like a stressful transfer to some however, I can't even begin to describe how great it's been. I have felt my testimony grow in ways that are indescribable. I have felt the love of my Savior in more abundance and I have felt peace amongst all the storm that is about me. 


MTC!

If this had happened at the beginning of my mission I would not be feeling the peace and the love I feel right now. Before my mission I was not the most well put together person you see before you.  I may have seemed like I was all put together but trust me I wasn't. I had an okay testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I occaionally felt the love of my Savior and never would I have felt peace in the midst of the storms in my life. I realized all that today.

 At the end of a mission you talk to the mission president before you leave about who you were when you first came in and who you are now. I have been thinking about who I have been becoming over the last 18 months of my life but today the Spirit testified to me of just how much I have changed. I'm glad I listened to the Spirit prompt me to go on my mission. Serving the Lord and His children has brought the greatest blessings to my life.


As I thought about this change I thought about how it's happen. The process to get to where I am today was not an easy road. It was hard and a lot of work. It was relying on my savior when I couldn't rely on myself any more. It was all the long sessions of planning for the people whom I grew to love. It was going out and working when I didn't think I could go out and work any more. It was putting a smile on my face when I felt like crying. It was trying to love my companion when all I saw was the negative. It was enduring those days when all I wanted was a letter in the mail and it doesn't come. It was rejoicing on the day that mail did come. It was crying with those who needed a shoulder to cry on. It was listening to someone vent about how their prayers aren't being answered. It was talking to that same person the next day and finding out they received an answer. It was the people who helped me to see what truly being a disciple of Jesus Christ is.

Change and perfection is a process. Relying on our Savior and trusting in Him is what will help us in that process. I know that I'm not perfect and I have a lot of rough edges that need to be smoothed out and polished. But I know who I am and I know in whom I can trust. I know He is there for all of us if we but let Him into our lives and have patience with ourselves. Remember Him and Remember who you are. You are sons and daughters of God and HE LOVE YOU! Yes, YOU! You are beloved to Him and will always be. He can make you into more than what we are. Let Him make make of you more.

3 comments:

  1. Beautifully said Sister Kahrs. I love you! I love the power of change. I know that with the Savior we can become something more than we could ever imagine. We become something more than we could have ever been on our own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you Sister Kahrs! It is only through the Savior that we can become something more and something better than we are because we can see our true potential.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you ALL the luck in the world as you make this transition. But I just have to say, isn't the mission just so worth it?!?

    ReplyDelete