Friday, November 11, 2011

Journal Time!

My finished journal
 I had a really awesome journal that I just loved writing in before my mission. There are priceless memories recorded in that journal. For instance, Christmas that year was amazing, then there was my experience of singing in general conference and of course my decision I made to go on a mission is recored in those pages. I knew my mission was going to be an opportunity of a lifetime so I bought a new journal, a moleskine journal at that. This journal has a cool pocket in the back and 240 pages of college lined paper and just plain amazingness.  When I bought it I never thought I would ever finish writing in it's pages but I did! It is filled! Front and back! Not only that but it is filled with the memories I have created over the last 17 months.  

It's huge!

That's nice Sister Kahrs, you write in a journal. Whoopdie do. The main reason I write in a journal is because of the gospel. The fact that I can relive great times is amazing icing on the cake. I really started to keep a journal because of what an apostle of the Lord said back in 2007; that apostle: President Eyring. In this particular talk he gave was about keeping a journal. He started a journal one day when he felt the Spirit tell him, "I’m not giving you these experiences for yourself. Write them down." His father-in-law was helping him with something that need to be done on his house and instead of his father-in-law calling someone in to fix it he repaired it himself. This really touched Elder Eyring and that is when the spirit inspired him to write down how he saw the hand of the lord in his life and in the lives of his family members. 


Some of my priceless memories
You see, the hand of the Lord blesses our lives greatly, not just occasionally, but everyday. That's because He is our loving Heavenly Father, He wants to be involved in our lives. President Eyring gave us a suggesion of what we can do to remember Him in our lives. "Tonight, and tomorrow night, you might pray and ponder, asking the questions: Did God send a message that was just for me? Did I see His hand in my life or the lives of my children? I will do that. And then I will find a way to preserve that memory for the day that I, and those that I love, will need to remember how much God loves us and how much we need Him."

I decided to follow his counsel. I kept and jounal and prayed and asked Heavenly Father before I wrote how I say His hand in my life. At first it was hard to do but then as I prayed about it everyday I found Him in the little things that I didn't notice before. It really made my life more beautiful and fulfilled as I wrote in it. I want to invite you to start and journal and do as President Eyring invited, to "ponder and pray, asking. . .Did God send a message that was just for me? Did I see His hand in my life or the lives of my children?" I promise you that as you do you will see His hand in your life and your life will be filled with priceless memories that helped bring you closer to your Heavenly Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment