Saturday, August 13, 2011

Joy

I love the word Joy! Its why I am a missionary. You see, I haven't always had joy in my life. At times my life was pretty rough, either because of my choices or because of the choices of others. I didn't understand the concept of opposition in all things as Lehi taught in 2 Nephi 2 in the Book of Mormon. To taste the bitter is to truly experience the sweet. One night I prayed and asked Heavenly Father over and over and over to know joy; I was pretty adamant. He answered my prayer as I read His scriptures. Now I am a missionary serving in California and feeling more joy than I have ever felt in my life. That joy has come as I have read the Book of Mormon and shared the gospel of Jesus Christ with others.  In the same chapter in the Book of Mormon where Lehi is teaching his children about opposition he says, "Adam fell that men might be; and men are, that they might have joy." (2 Nephi 2:25). We are here on this earth and it maybe challenging at times but we are here to feel joy. That joy only comes from following Jesus Christ.


No comments:

Post a Comment